EFFECTIVE MAY 25, 2018
Echo Plugins is an software development company. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we provide develop and sell WordPress plugins to our customers (“Products”).
SCOPE OF POLICY
- Customers– individuals who register, on their own or on behalf of an entity, to use Echo Plugins Services with the creation or administration of an Echo Plugins account.
- Event/Marketing Participants – individuals who provide their information to Echo Plugins when they register for Echo Plugins webinars, subscribe to marketing material, participate in surveys or contests
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Echo Plugins asks for your account information which includes your name, business name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card and bank account information (stored directly with a third party processor such as PayPal and Stripe), and website domain. By voluntarily providing Echo Plugins with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
Echo Plugins may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
At your option, Echo Plugins asks and may collect your name and email address. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Echo Plugins uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with Echo Plugins for the Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of Echo Plugins’s Services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and Echo Plugins.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Echo Plugins shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Business Transactions– To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations– To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. Echo Plugins may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety– We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of Echo Plugins in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent– Echo Plugins may share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from Echo Plugins at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. As outlined in the Section, Cookies and other Tracking Technologies, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your Echo Plugins account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
For individuals in the EEA, Echo Plugins’s legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. Echo Plugins will process personal information from you where, a) we have your consent to do so, b) where processing is necessary for Echo Plugins to perform Services pursuant to an agreement, or c) where processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, Echo Plugins will not be able to perform Services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
Echo Plugins is a Canadian company and stores your information in its data centers in the United States or, in limited cases, in the Canada.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email email@example.com and we will respond within thirty (30) days. Echo Plugins will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law or the EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield. For EU individuals, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
816 Peace Portal Dr PMB 86
Blaine, WA 98230-4010
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org